CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »


Saturday, April 26, 2008

nearing the end

I am sitting in the hospital room watching my mother breath knowing that there will me only a small time left here on earth for her. My father died in 1976 and I know he is waiting for her. He was a Godly man, and I know he waits for her. As we watch I can have the knowledge that I will see her again, I can not imagine what it is like to someone who doesn't not have that knowledge. Only through Christ Jesus can we have that knowledge.

I became a born again Christian in 1957 at the age of 12. I can not say I always walked like I should have. I drifted away, far away, but The Lord always kept calling me back. I was a rebel and kept away, only occasionally even attending church. A few years ago I came back and I know I will never again drift away.

In 2006 I had a death experience and I feel that only The Lord saw me through it. I was having dizzy spells and the Doctors decided I needed a tilt table test. As I was on the table the doctor told me he was going to mush my carotid bodies. I felt a sudden tingling feeling. I then heard the doctor yelling at me asking if I was OK. He was standing with those paddles they use to restart a heart. He had just used them on me. They had found out what was wrong with me while I was in a place that I could be fixed. I believe that The Lord had placed me there in the hands of good doctors. I believe that the Lord kept me here for a reason and I am going to do his will.

Every day we have to me ready for the battle. When a love one is dying it is a hard battle. Satan tries to tell us that we are not saved or that our love one is his, or that you have made a bad decision. HE IS WRONG. Prayer defeats him, Christ has already won the victory, we have only to let HIM lead the fight. Praise God for the victory. Death has no hold on us, Christ does.

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

A very inspiring story.

Keith said...

Thank you Lorraine for your comment