CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »


Monday, April 21, 2008

Letting Go

As I wrote on Friday my mother is in the hospital. She seems to be about the same. Her heart is failing. I have been praying for God's guidance. At her age it may be time to let her go. This is of course is hard to do. Our flesh wants to hang on, but our Heavenly Father may say it is time. If this is His will, I must accept it. She is suffering and I do not want that either.

As I ask for his will to be done I have found comforted in the prayer of others. Many understand that I want God's will, not mine, and have prayed for strength for me. I believe this is the way The Lord wants us to pray. The Lord is preparing me to let her go. Only through Him can I find the strength to endure. I know that someday soon I will join her there, and she will have a new body and will be standing there, with my Dad, waiting for me. It is a wonderful thing that awaits us. Praise God for all His mercy. Praise God for His love.

1 comments:

Lorraine said...

I haved prayed for my 3 mo old grandson custody while his parents try to get custody back, always included thy will be done. But i'm still not passive with my pursuit of custody.
I have been praying for your Mom.