CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »


Thursday, May 22, 2008

Communion

Last night in our small group we had Communion. We were each ask to have a verse that meant something to us about the Lords supper. As different people read the verses it gave one a time to meditate on what the last supper really was. Several verses were from the Old Testament. This made me wonder how many people really can tie the Old Testament feast to the Lord's Supper.

The time of the meal was at the Passover. The Lord Jesus is our Passover Lamb. Just as he had the Disciples prepare for the Feast, the Passover Lamb had to be prepared. When the Israelites Left Egypt the had to prepare the lamb and then sacrifice it. The placing of the blood is also important. The blood was to be placed on the top, both sides and at the bottom of the door. When Jesus died on the Cross his blood was at the top, both sides and at the bottom (Head, hands, feet). Jesus was telling us that we are to continue this in remembrance of Him, our Passover Lamb. Just as the Jews are were to keep the passover, we are to remember Him in this fashion.

Jesus told us He was the Passover Lamb. In The Old Testament the Lamb had to be eaten after the sacrifice, Jesus was using the meal to show us again by the eating that He was the lamb. He said take and eat this is my body, drink this is my blood. Jesus did nothing by accident He knew what was ahead for Him. He was the spotless Lamb.

I will be taking the next couple of days off. I am going on a Church retreat and we leave all computers, cell phones, and cares of the world at home and concentrate on God. I Pray that I will have a closer walk with The Lord upon my return. God Bless all.

2 comments:

Given55 said...

I have something for you over at my site.

IJ Hanna Lucky said...

Hi Jim, found your blog and found you faved my blog that's so nice of you am returning the favour to you and
May God be with you today and always in Jesus Mighty Name Amen

Have a nice time

Godbless