CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »


Monday, June 2, 2008

Gifts of The Spirit

In my encountering God class on Sunday a question was ask about tongues? I know that this is a subject that many disagree on. I am going to write a little on the gifts of the spirit today. These are my personal believes.

Paul says in 1 Corinthians 14:14-15 " that if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful. What is the conclusion then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with understanding." NKJ version. I believe that Paul is telling us here that our spirit can speak through our mouth in a language we do not understand. Paul goes on to say that any speaking of tongues is for the edification of the church. He also says that tongues are a sign for the unbeliever.

I do not believe that the only way to show that a person is filled with The Holy Spirit is through the speaking in tongues. I know people that are filled and do not speak in tongues but walk in another of the gifts. I also do not believe that one has to show any of the gifts to be saved, but I do believe they are missing a blessing from God.

All of the gifts of The Holy Spirit are still for us today. Hebrew 13:8 " Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." What was taught to the first church is still the same today, He said so in His Word. The gifts as described in 1Cor 12 are still active today. Read chapter 12 with an open mind and let the Spirit of God lead you. Verse 28 says "GOD has appointed these in the church: first Apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healing, helps, administration, varieties of tongues."

Most churches believe in the laying on of hands to pray for healing. I also believe this and Have been healed my self of oral cancer. I do not believe this has to be done only in a church building, but anywhere that 2 or more are gather in His name. We all claim to believe in miracles, yet dismiss the possibility that the gifts ,all of them, are still active today.

The Word says that there are those who walk in the gift of healing. Today because of many fakes, many do not believe that there are those that do, but The Word says there are. Most work unknown with out seeking any fame or rewards here on Earth. They work for the glory of God, for the growth of His Kingdom.

I believe that the Bible is the Word of God. I believe that not a word in it is not from Him and thus still for us today. I see the gifts of the Spirit in use daily. Sometimes without even knowing you will use a gift. My sister Supernatural Christian her husband, and myself were eating and discussing things when She mentioned a word she had been given. Without realizing it I was given a word to speak to her that explained what she had received.

There are other Gifts of course that we can walk in. I am only discussing these few today. I do believe that all of the gifts are active today and will continue until Christ returns for His Bride. Praise God for this promise. Praise God we have His Spirit at work here today, ministering to us.

1 comments:

IJ Hanna Lucky said...

I agree with all your points 100%.

great post

Our God is good all the time